Our morning was lightened up by the security guard of the building opposite where we were having breakfast....

Need I say more...?
He looked around to make sure that no one's looking, and he continued, with different poses. And when he saw us, Daddy actually imitated his "salute" pose! And he did the same thing back. OMG!

Dear and I went sightseeing that day. My parents didn't follow since they have been to these places before. In fact, I've been there too! A few times even. But it was Dear's first trip. And also good for me to refresh my memory.
We took a cab to the jetty to take a boat across the river. And we got cheated (#1) They tried selling us a river tour thingy for 40+ SGD each after bargaining. I even thought that I've got a great deal cause we got a 1000 baht discount I think, that's 40+ SGD. And we went ahead thinking that that was the only way across the river. So okay lor.

First stop - WAT ARUN.







Back to the boat, and he brought us across the river, and that's the end of our "tour" -.-"
Next was the Wat Pho temple where we saw the hugh Buddha.





I gave my bag of fish food which I bought from the stupid river tour person, to the kids.






We walked towards the Grand Palace, and got cheated again (#2)!!
This Thai guy stopped us by the road side, saying that the Grand Palace will be closed till 3pm cause the Prince is praying now. And so, since we had two hours or so till 3pm, he suggested that we visited the Happy Buddha, jewelery factory and then come back here later.
He even stopped a tuk tuk for us.
We, or at least Dear, thought that he was such a NICE guy! I was on the fence, since seriously, where got people so good one?!

And so, we went to the Lucky Buddha temple, where we bumped in to a Thai-Chinese who lives in the States (may be cheat #3/not sure). And he started talking to us. Said that he's here on a holiday. And he always come here to pray etc. And that he will go to the jewelery factory to buy jewelery to sell in the States, cause it's much much much cheaper there.
For example, he'll buy a red ruby ring for his wife, and maybe a blue sapphire ring to sell. And the money he'd earn, will be enough to cover the ring for his wife, and his air ticket!
We chatted for awhile, and we left to our next destination which was the jewelery factory. And then another which was also nearby.
And lastly, to the Marble temple.

Hehehe! I bought the Alibaba pants in BKK. Mainly because we have to be well dressed to visit these places, ie long pants, no sleeve less tops etc. Also explains why I was wearing a cardigan even though it was so hot, and it doesn't go with my outfit at all.


We wouldn't find our tuk tuk man when we left!! We were looking around, and waiting at the entrance, when this Thai man came to talk to us (might not be a cheat/ cheat #4).
Anyway, he said that the tuk tuk guy probably left (even though we haven't paid him a single cent), cause he already earned enough from the petrol/gasoline coupons that the jewelery factories gave him for bringing us there.
And guess what, he said that the Grand Palace will be closed by the time we get back. The official closing time is 3.30pm! There's no praying Prince -.-""
Stupid us, decided to listen to that man, who said he knows, cause he works at the temple. And took a cab, who would give us a discount if we go to another factory. Okay lor... go twice already what's one more.
After which, we went shopping at MBK.


And then Siam Centre, Siam Paragon and Siam Discovery...





I conquered the green peas and corn!



We took a cab back at around 8pm, cause I smsed Mommy/Daddy in the afternoon to meet back at the hotel so that we can meet for dinner. But they were no where to be found! Till it was almost 9pm, that I called them. They didn't receive my sms.
Dear and I went to Khao San night market. I think it's my first time there.


Mommy's favourite....

That's corn!

Yup! We bought quite a lot of stuff there. I bought the bangles for Mommy as well. And home home!

More photos on facebook.
Need I say more...?
He looked around to make sure that no one's looking, and he continued, with different poses. And when he saw us, Daddy actually imitated his "salute" pose! And he did the same thing back. OMG!
Dear and I went sightseeing that day. My parents didn't follow since they have been to these places before. In fact, I've been there too! A few times even. But it was Dear's first trip. And also good for me to refresh my memory.
We took a cab to the jetty to take a boat across the river. And we got cheated (#1) They tried selling us a river tour thingy for 40+ SGD each after bargaining. I even thought that I've got a great deal cause we got a 1000 baht discount I think, that's 40+ SGD. And we went ahead thinking that that was the only way across the river. So okay lor.
First stop - WAT ARUN.
Back to the boat, and he brought us across the river, and that's the end of our "tour" -.-"
Next was the Wat Pho temple where we saw the hugh Buddha.
I gave my bag of fish food which I bought from the stupid river tour person, to the kids.
We walked towards the Grand Palace, and got cheated again (#2)!!
This Thai guy stopped us by the road side, saying that the Grand Palace will be closed till 3pm cause the Prince is praying now. And so, since we had two hours or so till 3pm, he suggested that we visited the Happy Buddha, jewelery factory and then come back here later.
He even stopped a tuk tuk for us.
We, or at least Dear, thought that he was such a NICE guy! I was on the fence, since seriously, where got people so good one?!
And so, we went to the Lucky Buddha temple, where we bumped in to a Thai-Chinese who lives in the States (may be cheat #3/not sure). And he started talking to us. Said that he's here on a holiday. And he always come here to pray etc. And that he will go to the jewelery factory to buy jewelery to sell in the States, cause it's much much much cheaper there.
For example, he'll buy a red ruby ring for his wife, and maybe a blue sapphire ring to sell. And the money he'd earn, will be enough to cover the ring for his wife, and his air ticket!
We chatted for awhile, and we left to our next destination which was the jewelery factory. And then another which was also nearby.
And lastly, to the Marble temple.
Hehehe! I bought the Alibaba pants in BKK. Mainly because we have to be well dressed to visit these places, ie long pants, no sleeve less tops etc. Also explains why I was wearing a cardigan even though it was so hot, and it doesn't go with my outfit at all.
We wouldn't find our tuk tuk man when we left!! We were looking around, and waiting at the entrance, when this Thai man came to talk to us (might not be a cheat/ cheat #4).
Anyway, he said that the tuk tuk guy probably left (even though we haven't paid him a single cent), cause he already earned enough from the petrol/gasoline coupons that the jewelery factories gave him for bringing us there.
And guess what, he said that the Grand Palace will be closed by the time we get back. The official closing time is 3.30pm! There's no praying Prince -.-""
Stupid us, decided to listen to that man, who said he knows, cause he works at the temple. And took a cab, who would give us a discount if we go to another factory. Okay lor... go twice already what's one more.
After which, we went shopping at MBK.
And then Siam Centre, Siam Paragon and Siam Discovery...
I conquered the green peas and corn!
We took a cab back at around 8pm, cause I smsed Mommy/Daddy in the afternoon to meet back at the hotel so that we can meet for dinner. But they were no where to be found! Till it was almost 9pm, that I called them. They didn't receive my sms.
Dear and I went to Khao San night market. I think it's my first time there.
Mommy's favourite....
That's corn!
Yup! We bought quite a lot of stuff there. I bought the bangles for Mommy as well. And home home!
More photos on facebook.