Cabbed down to Godma's house after my appts. Like every year, we will have a mini gathering to lao yu sheng. And guess what! This year, I was the only representative for my generation!
Godma prepared po piah. All along, I thought that it is a different recipe from the ones selling outside. I asked Daddy about it. And he said that it's the same!~ Just that because it for our own consumption, Mama usually cooks it longer, and add I don't know what. So that the flavour is stronger. It's the TLC, I supposed.
It's superb! But Mama stopped cooking as she got older. I still recall going to her house for laksa, mee siam, and popiah. Oh! And nasi lemak. My Mama's a little Nonya kays. She cooks the best food. Too bad, she doesn't cook anymore. I kinda miss her then. She was so different from now. Omg. I'm actually on the verge of crying every time I time of this.
Each of us had to wrap our own. Those greedy ones will have a super big popiah. Most of the time too big to hold, and it'll spill all over the plate! hahah!! The OCD in me, will arrange every thing nicely. My Aunt was like "Put so nice for what?!" And soon, Mommy said the same thing too.
Followed by the lo hei.
Actually, my cousins came later. Gabrina, and the Desiree as well. So I'm not the only one lah! then there was the big whooha when my uncle's dog ran away from him home, and he had to rush back -.-
"faster come, faster come...."
Godma made ice jelly as well!!
My uncle sent Mommy and I home. Cause Kor took the car...