150310 ❤ Universal Studio Singapore

Just came back from lunch, and I've been sneezing non stop. Like twenty times in a row. =(


150310 - I've been to Universal Studio Singapore (USS)... have you?? Guess not. Hahaha!!!

Dear dear brought me there on Monday.

He got tickets as he's working at the RWS. They opened their park for the staff and families for three days. And the best part, he only paid 10bucks each! Usual price is $66 for adults on weekdays.

Woke up damn early that morning. And drove down to bf's place. I took the CTE, shock and horror... I got charged $4 at the ERP!! Can you imagine, I spent almost 20 bucks on my cash card that day... will give a break down later.

As usual, I was late. I was supposed to leave home at 8am, but I got "delayed" till 8.20. And since it was 8.20, I made a detour to send Cheryl to work. FYI her work place's within Toa Payoh.

I picked bf up, we went for breakfast. And then to Sentosa. We parked at the beach car park since the parking at the RWS itself is damn ex ($6 for first hour, $2/hr thereafter).

By the time we walked all the way to the USS, it was almost 10am.







We saw the Kungfu Panda, Po, when we first entered. I wanted to take a pic with it, but the guy didn't let me join the queue as the Panda was going for a break. =(



Then we reached Madagascar™. There was a Carousel, which bf promised we'll come back to that as the queue was long. But we didn't =(







It's actually a big ship behind this...



Next was the land of Far Far Away™.



We met Puss in Boots at the entrance.



And the Far Far Away castle.



Inside the castle is the Shrek 4-D Adventure. Which was really fun!! Hehe. I'll leave out the details so that you can go experience it yourself.



We took a ride at the Magic Potion Spin™ since there was no queue.





View of the store from the Ferris wheel.





Donkey and Gingy.





Next was The Lost World.



We were just in time for the WaterWorld.







We queued for the Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure™, but we didn't take the ride in the end as the queue was very long, and we didn't want to get wet.





We left Jurassic Park... which led us to Ancient Egypt.

We took the indoor roller coaster - Revenge of the Mummy. I've no idea what was inside as my eyes were closed the whole time. I'm getting more timid as I get older. I used to be able to sit such rides, even on my own. But not any more =(

We took the Treasure Hunters, where we had little vintage motor car to explore the site. No pics as the camera was in my bag, in the locker.







And then, it was the Sci Fi City. Where the scary Battlestar Galactica™ was. And obviously, I didn't take the ride. Bf wanted to, but didn't as I didn't want to go. FYI - it's the world’s tallest dueling roller coasters.



And we reached New York.

We caught the Lights, Camera, Action!, which was a special effects show hosted by Steven Spielberg.

























And lastly, Hollywood.



Vintage cars parked outside the cafe.









We caught "Monster Rocks" at the Pantages Hollywood Theater. I thought it won't be interesting at first, since it's monsters!! But turns out, I enjoyed the show.

It's a rock and roll musical performed by monsters. There was Frankenstein, the Werewolf, Dracula, a Mummy, etc. They danced, and sang to songs like Wondergirl's Nobody, and Low, and even 月亮代表我的心. They're ang mo, by the way.





I accidentally + unknowingly took this pic, which I thought was quite cute. It's my tee! And everything's black & white.



It started raining!! Thankfully it was almost 2pm. And since we couldn't leave, we explored the stores along Hollywood.

There was a store full of Betty Boop. And another selling hats and accessories. We didn't get souvenirs as we didn't see anything we like. It's not like Disneyland, where we left the place with bags full of shopping!!



We saw Woody as well. Again, I didn't get to queue to take the pic with him as they were closing. And I think it's the same guy who didn't let me take the pic with Po, the Panda.



The stores were decorated with the characters in Strek and Madagascar.









We walked back to the car, and it was still drizzling. We went Ikea for lunch, then to Funan, and back to bf's house.

We watched TV, I took a nap till 9+ when we drove to pick his Mom up, and get dinner. We had mac.



Oh yah. Mentioned earlier, I spent 20bucks on parking and ERP!
ERP on CTE - $4
Admission fees to Sentosa - $6
Sentosa parking - $5
Ikea parking - $1+
ERP at Chinatown - $1
Funan parking - $4
And that day, Cheryl broke her thumb nail. And she SMSed me to come home to nurse her. So manja.

Wohooo! I spent two hours on this post!!

More pics on facebook.

Credits to RWS.